Sunday, June 19

THE HIGH DIALS

I truly have no idea why so many of my early posts to this blog have featured bands from Montreal - the Dears, Stars, and now, the High Dials. Just coincidence, I guess. Or is Montreal the new Omaha? Which had been the new Detroit. Which had been the new....

Regardless, the High Dials make retro-'60s, pastoral-psychedelic pop. Sort of. Actually, I've only heard three of the songs off their regrettably-titled new album, War of the Wakening Phantoms - two of which I like and am sharing below. On their first LP, A New Devotion, they did sometimes have a tendency to get a bit too free-lovin', trippin'-through-the-daisies for me, but I'm quite fond of all the songs I've put up today, and I hope that you enjoy them as well.

So, love and peace and quality romps in the ganja grass for all...

"The Holy Ground"/The High Dials [from the LP War of the Wakening Phantoms, 2005]
The Holy Ground-mp3 [left-click]

"Soul in Lust"/The High Dials [from the LP War of the Wakening Phantoms, 2005]
Soul in Lust-mp3 [left-click]

"Can You Hear the Bells?"/The High Dials [from the LP A New Devotion, 2003]
Can You Hear the Bells?-mp3 [left-click]

"Desiderata"/The High Dials [from the LP A New Devotion, 2003]
Desiderata-mp3 [left-click]

[Check out the great Canadian MP3 blog *Sixeyes for more song selections from the High Dials.]

No comments: