Thursday, October 20

KEEPIN' ON BEATIN' ON THAT INDIE DRUM

I've expressed my admiration of and appreciation for Matthew's operation over at Beat the Indie Drum before, but I figure it's high time I did it again. Not only does this guy offer an extensive archive of month-end compilations to comb through, he also regularly offers tons of other songs for download on pretty much a weekly basis. Combine that with his links to other interesting and off-the-beaten-path music sites, and you've got yourself a blog that all-but-demands daily visitation.

Offered below are five songs by artists that I'd never heard of before discovering them at BTID. Try them here, and then click on over to the site itself for further, fuller investigation.

[And be sure to drop Matthew a line if you like what you find there; his cat passed away recently (and that's inspiring me to post a last tune of my own as a respectful memorial).]

[MP3] [left-click] Stout/"Oh Happy Day"

[MP3] [left-click] Crosstide/"Opposite Day"

[MP3] [left-click] Cat-a-Tac/"Devil"

[MP3] [left-click] Flare/"This is the Sound of Good Music"

[MP3] [left-click] Memory Bank/"Bleed Like a Hero"

[MP3] [left-click] Jets to Brazil/"Cat Heaven"

No comments: