Wednesday, October 26

STARSAILOR

Starsailor is one the countless single-word bands that followed in Radiohead's wake (Travis, Coldplay, Kent, South, Paloalto, Muse, Keane, on and on, on and on...). I liked a few of the songs on their first album, either didn't hear or didn't like the ones on their second, and have just now had the opportunity to listen to their third.

Can't say that I'm especially impressed, though I suppose it's not "bad," either. It's just not... you know... The Bends or OK Computer.

Regardless, I'm posting, as usual, my two favorites from it, as well as two of my favorites from their debut.

Starsailor's latest CD will be released on November 1st.

[MP3] [left-click] "This Time" [from the LP On the Outside, 2005]

[MP3] [left-click] "White Light" [from the LP On the Outside, 2005]

[MP3] [left-click] "Poor Misguided Fool" [from the LP Love is Here, 2002]

[MP3] [left-click] "Tie Up My Hands" [from the LP Love is Here, 2002]

No comments: