Tuesday, May 1

MOHAIR


Mohair is a "silk-like fabric or yarn made from the hair of the Angora goat."

MOHAIR is also a band from the London area. They released their debut long-player, SMALL TALK, last September, and I don't remember hearing a single thing about it.

Last week, though -- thanks to a FILTER sampler disc -- I became acquainted with their song "Stranded." (You can become acquainted with it on Friday by downloading my Best of April mix.)

In the meantime, THE HYPE MACHINE led me to the two tracks below. Clearly, the four boys of Mohair do not shy away from big, shiny production and big, shiny choruses. And if it sometimes seems like they're just aping some of their contemporaries and a few of their forbears... well... they're young yet, and I, for one, am more than willing to cut them some slack.

MOHAIR on
MySPACE.

[
MP3] "End of the Line"

[MP3] "L.A. Song"

1 comment:

Chris said...

What an absolutely brilliant song is End Of The Line??? Completely blew me away! Can't really figure out why I haven't heard from them yet... but thanks for pointing me to this marvellous band!