Thursday, July 19

HELLO SAFERIDE


When I first wrote about HELLO SAFERIDE (aka ANNIKA NORLIN) in May 2006, I likened her sound to a cross between AZURE RAY and NINA PERSSON. In retrospect, I'm guessing I threw Persson into the mix primarily because Norlin, like Persson, is a Swede.

Clearly, the woman also has a sense of humor, as her song titles would seem to attest. Surely "If I Don't Write This Song, Someone I Love Will Die," "Loneliness is Better When You're Not Alone," and "Nothing Like You (When You're Gone)" could pry a wry smile out of MORRISSEY. (And surely JILL SOBULE can take some credit for the lipstick-lesbian-clever "My Best Friend.")

HELLO SAFERIDE on MySPACE.

From the LP INTRODUCING... HELLO SAFERIDE, 2006 >>>
[
MP3] "Long Lost Penpal"
[
MP3] "My Best Friend"

From the EP WOULD YOU LET ME PLAY THIS EP 10 TIMES A DAY?, 2006 >>>
[
MP3] "2006"

BONUS TRACKS >>>

[MP3] HELLO SAFERIDE/"Valentine's Day"

[
MP3] JILL SOBULE/"I Kissed a Girl"

No comments: