Sunday, November 11

THE 5TH DIMENSION


THE 5TH DIMENSION seems a fairly ideal outfit to help us transition these Sunday mixes from the '60s to the '70s. For one thing, their hit-making years spanned from 1967 to 1972. For another, their 1969 medley of "Aquarius" and "Let the Sunshine In" from the musical "Hair" still serves as a touchstone of the flower-power era. That their subsequent singles went a more adult-contemporary route mirrored what was going on in American popular music in the early '70s. Backlash against those big, bad, scary '60s, I guess.


[MP3] "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In"


[MP3] "(Last Night) I Didn't Get to Sleep at All"


[MP3] "Wedding Bell Blues"


[MP3] "If I Could Reach You"


[MP3] "One Less Bell to Answer"


[MP3] "Worst That Could Happen"


[MP3] "Up, Up and Away"

2 comments:

The Lexingtons said...

Excellent post!

I loved the downloads! I'm just sad you covered this great band before I could.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!