Wednesday, January 2

JEREMY ENIGK

Sometimes, it's best not to know overmuch about an artist before committing to post on them. If I'd been aware of the fact that JEREMY ENIGK was the religiously devout sort, or that -- along with his former band, SUNNY DAY REAL ESTATE -- he'd been relatively instrumental in ushering in the "emo" age, then I might have thought twice about devoting time and space to his solo work. Which obviously would have been highly small-minded of me. But even so....

Fortunately, I came upon Enigk's second and third solo offerings entirely ignorant of the Bigger Picture -- context, history, and "baggage" be damned. Thus, I can truly assert that I have been influenced by no theological or philosophical agenda here; I was merely converted to the cause by some attractively dramatic, go-tell-it-on-the-mountain voice and arrangement work. Honest to gosh. Cross my heart and hope to die an entirely literal, dust-to-dust death.

JEREMY ENIGK on MySPACE.

JEREMY ENIGK taking the Good News to the godless Left Coast >>>

Jan 16 2008 8:00P/Chop Suey/Seattle, Washington
Jan 17 2008 8:00P/Dante’s/Portland, Oregon
Jan 20 2008 8:00P/Troubadour/Los Angeles, California


From the LP THE MISSING LINK, 2007 >>>
[
MP3] "On the Wayside"
[
MP3] "World Waits"

From the LP WORLD WAITS, 2006 >>>
[
MP3] "Been Here Before"
[
MP3] "Damien Dreams"

1 comment:

Fern said...

the link to the "world waits" mp3 is broken. i like the song!