Tuesday, May 6

ANNA TERNHEIM

And here I thought I'd gotten on board the ANNA TERNHEIM wagon/train early in the journey....

I discovered the song "To Be Gone" in February of 2006 and promptly plopped it on that month's "Best Of" mix. Now I find out that the song was actually released in 2004, so obviously I wasn't quite the Paul Revere of MP3 awareness-raising I'd thought I was.

Regardless, the tune remains an atmospheric dandy, and it's back again on Ternheim's first full-length American CD, HALFWAY TO FIVEPOINTS. I've read reviews that liken this twentysomething Swede's voice to BETH ORTON and JONI MITCHELL, and those comparisons seem apt to me. I also hear a lot of JANIS IAN on "To Be Gone," for those of you old enough to remember the "At Seventeen" singer-songwriter.

ANNA TERNHEIM on MySPACE.

[
MP3] "To Be Gone"

[
MP3] "Lovers Dream" [w/FYFE DANGERFIELD]

BONUS TRACK >>>

[
MP3] "Bring Down Like I" [w/MAX PEEZAY]

No comments: