Tuesday, July 1

CULTURE CLUB

I hadn't intended for this to become "We Love the '80s Week" around here, but it just kind of went that way. Seeing as I'm a slave to inertia, I was powerless to stop the general trend. So, onward and backward....

I was listening to some old mix CDs last week when I came across the old CULTURE CLUB chestnut, "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me." I have to say, it sounded pretty great -- not as much a prisoner of its time as I would have expected. And I was reminded that BOY GEORGE -- back before he started inviting the New York City Police Department to his apartment for cocaine hijinks with his imprisoned male Norwegian houseguest -- had quite a nice set of pipes. Here's proof....

[MP3] [VID] "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" [1982]

[
MP3] [VID] "Karma Chameleon" [1983]

[
MP3] [VID] "Time (Clock of the Heart)" [1982]

No comments: