Tuesday, August 26

IDA MARIA

Sweden-based but Norway-born, IDA MARIA would seem to possess some Risk-like global ambitions. So far, she's managed to transport her indie-rocking armies across the North Sea and gain a foothold in the UK on the strength of single "I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked." The song is a likeable-enough, cut-and-paste rasp-alooza -- only marginally marred by that too-cute-for-school title.

[Then again, I'll take that any day over a girl calculatedly crooning a calculatedly "controversial" song called "I Kissed a Girl" (unless that girl is named JILL SOBULE).]

Ida Maria's debut album is named FORTRESS ROUND MY HEART, and that ringing telephone you hear in the distance is STING calling in an indignant tizzy....

IDA MARIA on MySPACE.

[
MP3] [VID] "Oh My God"

[
MP3] "Morning Light"

[VID] "I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked"

RANDOM BONUS AUDIO/VISUAL ADDENDA >>>

[VID] JILL SOBULE/"I Kissed a Girl"

[VID] STING/"Fortress Around Your Heart"

No comments: